Tuesday, July 29, 2008

REVIEW: Imaginationland (2007)

., Some people feel Imagination isn't real But I tell them that they're wrong Cause whenever I Want to play and pretend, I just sing the imagination song

Comedy Central just aired the hilarious "Imaginationland" South Park Special, and it reminded me of how spot-on and hilarious Trey Parker and Matt Stone still are. The story was about Stan and Kyle's trip to Imaginationland, which is literally the world's imagination. They arrive and are met by all the cheerful characters invented by humans, including Ronald McDonald, the Care Bears, and plenty of other iconic cameos. Its an extremely funny foray into the idea that the images and characters that we have created are just as real as "reality", and an icon like Bugs Bunny will live longer than any single person. It has been released on DVD and I'm sure it will air again on Comedy Central.

No comments: